Wednesday, January 23, 2008

POTD January 24th

GOODBYE RIGHT ONE...HELLO RUBBY LOVE!

Its a sad sad day. Sam has had his fleece blanket, named "Right one" by him, since he was 8 months old. He is now almost 6 and "Right one" has fallen to the wayside. What is funny is he has always had this sensory thing, where he has to be rubbing soft things. He points these things out to me ALL the time. I mean, he's even pointed out that ear lobes are soft. LOL Anyway, he named his blanket right one because there was one specific fringe that was his go-to. He had that sucker rubbed paper thin I tell ya. Not too long ago he came and showed me, with a smile on his face, that he had cut "Right one" off of his blanket. Now you know that on the 6 year level, he was thinking that by cutting it off he could have "Right one" with him ALL the time but wasn't thinking that it was something very FINAL. My reaction was of shock! I said SAMUEL what have you done. Well he instantly started crying. I felt so bad. He said, "you are mad". I said no, I was just sad for him. Well right one was lost not too long after that so we had to find something that would be a good replacement. Since he's been noticing soft things lately I decided to bring him home this little puppy that was big enough to tote around everywhere. So WELCOME RUBBY LOVE!! OHH and forgot to add...he's chosen Rubby's tail to be the soft thing to rub! LOL




16 comments:

For Over 29 Years... said...

Awww, what a sweet story. I have twins that are 9 and still have their "right ones."

Anonymous said...

What a great story! My 11 year old still sleeps with the blanket he has had since he was born! I love that photo of the stuffed animal...it is perfect!
Cari

amazing grace said...

your banner is so fun! And that puppy shot is cute!

Kristi said...

This is SO sweet! My son is attached at the hip to his "ooh ahh" (blanket named after the monkeys on playhouse disney...I don't know why he changed the blanket's name, but he did)...I think the day it falls by the wayside I'll be sadder than he will. Love this story, Anita!

Mom2Drew said...

Ok, so i'm seriously crying from your post. My Andrew is only 20months but as I was reading your post...this totally sums him up. He has the same need to rub soft things and I've always wondered why. It's so interesting to hear another child does this too. Thank you for posting this, I'm showing my DH right now.

jordan.krogman said...

Oh, I feel so bad for his losing "right one". That breaks my heart. I'm glad that the puppy was a suitable replacement for him. :)

emilyc said...

Such a sweet story. My son has his Moo, and I wonder how long that poor little cow will last. I really need to get some shots of him with it now. Thanks for the reminder.

Amy said...

The puppy shot is so cute! My 12 year old still sleeps with her 'Sally' (bunny.)

C said...

great color and focus in the puppy picture :)

Becky said...

I can still "feel" the ear of my stuffed dog that was my right one when I was little. Great photos!

Unknown said...

Thats the saddest thing ever... All three of my kids have a blankie!

Liz said...

What a sweet story.
LOVE the picture of Rubby Love that is one seriously cute doggy and a great photo too.

pat said...

I love this story...there is something so tender and sweet about kids and their lovies. My oldest GD has a fringie blankie like Right One and loves those fringes. It's so hard to predict WHAT is going to be THE lovie. Great post.

Margaret said...

Such a sweet story! Sad to see those little phases pass! Love the puppy!

Val said...

awww sweet!

Kathy P said...

great story! i love to feel the edge of a blanket too sometimes when i'm upset or very tired! :)