Thursday, July 17, 2008

Learning!

Ok so I decided to play with a picture in photoshop and try and familiarize myself with textures. I found this picture of one of my roses from a couple years ago. Nevermind it was diseased but I thought it turned out good. I ran Jess' retro photo over it and played with the layers and then added the texture. Here it is:



Now, tonight I started to read on The Pioneer Womans blog about backlighting. So I tried my hand at it. So this is what I came up with. CC welcome!! Until next time!


10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just read that today to. Your photo looks great! I think you did an excellent job with the backlighting. I am going to have to try that tomorrow! Love the first shot too!
Cari

Jenn said...

I love playing with backlighting! I think you did a fab job at it!
Ok, off to read Pioneer Womans blog on that subject...! :)

Jeanette said...

I think you did an awesome job! I'll have to read her blog and see if I can get some tips.

pat said...

I'm gonna have to read that. Nice photo--backlighting can be really tricky. Love your PP on the rose.

Rachael said...

The backlighting looks great, I will have to read up on that. I love the texture on the flower photo!

Amy said...

Great shot!

Reds said...

yup - you did great!! Read the same article - need to practice soon!

lcp said...

Gorgeous flower photo! I love what you did with it - it looks like a piece of fine art.

Mandy said...

The firs tone looks like be it belongs on a card...its so amazing, with so much detail. And I can't resist pictures of your little man. He is so adorable and I love how his eyes just sparkle.!

April said...

that first one is gorgeous..i love the texture on it!